Re: Memory upgrades

**  Dan Howarth, History/Music, Unversity of Arizona, Tucson. **
**  http://www.u.arizona.edu/~howarth (under construction)    **

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Kim Flint wrote:

....snip....
> 4meg simms are less than $30 these days, so you should be able to max out
> the memory on both your echoplexi for about $250.

....snip....

well, well... i think the word we're looking for here is 'echoplicis' -
from '-plex,-plicis'- it's a suffix usually formed from numeric words;
more or less like saying '-fold' as in 'hundred-fold'.
there's also 'plexus-a-um', the past participle of 'plecto, plectere' - to
braid or plait... which one was the intended, kim?

of course, (vor)vertex, verticis is latin for whirlpool,
tornado/whirlwind, or also represents a direction of 'down from above/over
head'. it comes from verto, vertere - to turn, to transform

and, finally, iamnus persona - well, ok... maybe that's taking it too far.

:)