Re: Latin, and roots

> Yea, I saw Brooke play w/ S/F.  He did a solo beforehand.  I was very
> impressed by his performance.  I was not impressed with S/F.  Fripp
> was, at least that night, more a technician than a musician.  I found
> Brook to be much more musical.  Also, the mix was terrible.  Might have
> sounded good to those at stage left with their beaucoup $$$ recording
> gear; but in the paying seats, it *bit*.
>
> Because of this experience, I have refrained from going to recent KC
>concerts.

That's too bad because you missed out on the talents of Adrian Belew,
Trey Gunn, et. al. I've heard them do some interesting group improv
together,
somethings incorporating looping devices into the process ("No Warning",
"Industry", "When You Stop Continue (well, something like that)", etc.).
At the very least, the formally-untrained-yet-creative Belew provides an
interesing contrast.

Paolo Valladolid