Re: a good book

>Jon Morris writes:
>>another interesting book dealing heavily with improvisation:
>
>Another is the new Eddie (Edwin) Prevost book (he's the percussion guy
>in the seminal non-idiomatic improv group AMM).  I haven't started in
>yet, but I've heard it's great.

Wow, mention of Bailey, Braxton and Prevost, on a list about looping! This
really great, a place where it's cool to talk about esthetics and gear,
something very rare on the net.

Anyway, Prevost's book (No Sound is Innocent) is a must-read for any
improvisor. It's a series of short essays that I go back to and ponder
often. Deep stuff. Another great text is "Stockhausen on Music", which is a
collection of essays and interviews. Very inspirational

-dt