Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 09:18:57 -0500
From: Mike Lyon <mlyon@gibson.com>
To: altruist@shoko.calarts.edu
Subject: Echoplex Repair -Reply

The unit can be brought to 732 Kevin Ct Oakland, CA  94621
510 635-9633.

The unit will have to dropped and left for at least four days.  It will
generally take this long to perform the repair, re calibrate, burn in and
test again.  If the problem is simple it may take a little less time.  If
you give me a explanation of the problems I will be in a better position
to give you a time frame.

Thanks...................................  Mike

>>> The Man Himself <altruist@shoko.calarts.edu> 10/12/96 09:30pm

Hello --

I have an Oberheim Echoplex unit which is in need of repair.  As I am
based in the Los Angeles area, I am prepared to take the unit directly to
Oberheim for repair, and to wait in the area while the work is carried out.
 I have unfortunately heard many troubling things regarding customer
relations as far as Echoplex go, so I therefore need to drop the unit off
in
person rather than send it to an arbitrary location in order to ensure
that I
am able to get the unit back as soon as possible (or for that matter, get
the unit back period).

So please tell me who and where I can deliver the unit to.  As I am in a
rather critical situation with regards to time in this matter, I will
appreciate
your prompt reply.

Thanks.

--Andre LaFosse