Sorting it all out

Well...

If nothing else, it seems clear to me that Kim and Matthias have, by
virtue of making themselves available online, set themselves up as point
men for the Echoplex problems and for Oberheim's lack of
self-organization.  Not an enviable task, and from what I can tell, not
the one that they should have to be doing.  (No doubt a book could be
written about the hassles engendered through working with Oberheim on the
project -- I don't imagine they treated G-Wiz with oodles more respect
than they treat their customers).

It's true that about 90-95% of the quirks in the Plex are essentially
harmless, and that the more problematic ones can generally be
straightened out.  The frustrating thing for me is that without these
bugs, the Plex would be untouchable as far as looping goes.  (Admittedly,
I would have preferred to have found out about the heating problems at
some point previous to the last seven days, but at least we all know more
about it now than anyone shouild ever have to...)

At any rate, I hope the thread has managed to do more than merely step on
some already frayed nerves (which was never a desirable intent in the
first place).  The list in general, and our ex-G-Wiz men in particular,
have through their presence definitely provided a very valuable and
unsolicited resource in getting the most out of the Plex.  Hopefully from
this point on they won't have to bear the entirety of the burden.

I'll compile what FAQ material I have soon and send it off to Michael.

Loop on,

--Andre