Re: exchanging ideas/PROPOSAL

hi folks,

i'm sure you'll all recognize me as a stead-fast lurker here on the loop
(beings that i don't own the mythical echoplex and haven't ever even
touched one -sigh- i've more or less been a steady and very productive
lurker - doing those things that lurks can only do :)

anyhow... i'm very interested in the original post which i've responded
to. i didn't include it because it was fairly long. to summarize: the
author requested interest in sharing musical recordings either via snail
mail or upon WWW sites.
i'm currently involved in a school-related project to create musical web
pages, and i've chosen (ta-dah) 'a presentation on the observations of
stringed oddities' as a title, but haven't gotten much further with the
idea since that stroke of genius.

i posted to stickwire for feedback, and proposed a personal profile survey
as well as a philosophy/approaches survey.

<><><><><><><><><
at this point i'd like to propose the following opportunities:

a similar survey to looperdom involving our thoughts/methods, personal
feelings, etc. on looping/playing/music/life/theuniverse/everything.

inclusion of sound files (DISK SPACE IS NOT A LIMITATION or so i've been
told - i can't imagine what they'll say if i show up with 30 megs of
.wavs) for general appreciation.

anything else anyone would like to do... i've access to the U of A's
multi-quadrillion dollar media arts lab (not that i know how to use the
stuff, but that i could probably do lots of neat tricks)

the big thing i'd like to keep in mind is that i've got a lot of disk
space available. i can easily harbor sound files of loop work.

let me know if anyone has ideas, advancements, etc. thanks.

**  Dan Howarth, History/Music, University of Arizona, Tucson **
**  http://www.u.arizona.edu/~howarth (under construction)    **