Re: Amplifiers

concerning clarks comments

there is a  300 what stereo keyboard amp out with 6 inputs and 2 effects
loops. it has two 10's and two 2's or something like that... can't remember
it's made in canada by york

collier

I'm using a marshall AS80R as a stereo guitar amp/looper. it has stereo
effects return, one piezo(that I use for magnetic), one magnetic/aux(that I
use for peizo), and one xlr (that I use for synth).
conceptually it's great... BUT! this my second one and I'm beginning to
hate
the piece o' shit.

talk about difficult tech support. try to deal with korg/marshall when it
come
s to their faulty components... jeez...

one of the tech's told me " oh yeah, we know about that problem, it's from
bad batch of compontents.. we have a mod for that"
so when I called back that particular tech wasn't there and the head guy
told
me that I had to take it to a marshall authorized service center.... three
repair places later and many phone calls, I still have a noisy(x 10 to the
43rd power) transistor amp  with limited frequency response... prolly
woulda
been better off witht the crate acoustic amp or something.

sorry for that..

I'm very tempted to use some of the tannoy pbm 6.5's or 8's we have around
the
studio with a stereo amp and small mixer like matthias suggested. but then
again, it's much easier to grab my gig bag, amp and rack in one pass.
especially for airplanes cause my cloths fit around the amp in the shipping
box and the tooth brush goes in the pocket of my gig bag!

so, we should design a small powerfully efficient full range system for the
loopists!

collier