Re: Oberhiem Matrix-6

>Greetings,
>
>I just joined this list tweo days ago and will provide you with more
>personal info as time permits. But first a question some of you may have
>experience with.
>
>I just got a line on one of these for $250. Seems like a fair price and
>the
>previous user has some very nive sounds on it.

It's a cool little synth, and that's a pretty great price. It's quite a bit
thinner sounding than the Matrix 12 or Xpander, also by Oberheim, but still
capable of some quite cool sounds. I had one back in the day, and often
wish I still did.

>Does anyone have any experience controlling one of these with a guitar
>synth. Specifically a Roland GR-1 with the GK2-a pickup.

as I recall, there is a mode that assigns each of the 6 voices in the
Matrix to different MIDI channels, so if the GR-1 can output each string on
a different channel, you should be in business.

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart