Re: Guitar tunings, Vortex, MicroSynth

> Micro Synth:
>
> Olivier said: "it's VCA can cut attack so can play violin like line
>without
> touching your volume pot, no matter the speed of play."
> Is there anything else about that will do this?

Some of the Digitech multi-effects boxes have a built-in volume swell
effect that does the job.

I notice a number of "synth bass" type effects from Roland/Boss and Korg
now (Roland even has a Synth Bass pedal).  They all have a monophonic
analog synth that is triggered by the input signal and so works with
any electric guitar or bass without the need for a hex pickup. As
far as I know, the guitar-specific monosynths are available in the Boss
SE70 and Roland GT5 multieffects units.

I just received an interesting review of the GT5 which has been submitted
for posting in Digital Guitar.

Paolo Valladolid