Re: MIDI Loops

Matthias Grob wrote:

> >About how looping synth via midi, Matthias asked how to do it?
> >Quite simple. My cubase has midi delay in it. I set the thing on the
> >duration I want. You can easily synced it to tempo, since it is a midi
> >delay.
>
> Oh I see, it like a digital effect for MIDI, not the sequencer itself
>you use.
> But can you control its parameters while playing so as to "freeze" a loop
> for soloing or have it fade out to renew it etc?
> Is there any option to multiply the delay time while playing?
>
> Still curious
> Matthias

I've achieved midi looping two ways. One was to trick
MOTU Performer into looping and doing additive recording
on the same track at the same time, the primary problem
was chasing note releases on playback.  The other is to
use Opcode MAX, with which you can do just about anything
you could want (with midi), provided you have the time
to build and debug it.  It is very easy w/ Max to do
midi delay lines w/ feedback.

jim