Re: MIDI Loops

Hi there.

I thought I'd inquire if there were any midi looposts out there that are
familiar with an older program called JamFactory by the now defunct (I
believe) Intelligent Music company.

It's an algorhythmic composition tool that allows you to record up to four
different musical parts, patterns or motifs (via midi) of variable and
indepentent length (according to RAM amount). And then play about with them
as they repeat, causing them to evolve and change into something new and
different in deliberate or random ways over the course of time.

Once created these patterns can be repeated, mixed, morphed, sliced, diced,
and transmogrified beyond all recognition (ad infinitum) in a very
interactive way. And, the entire mixing, morphing process can be then
recorded globally as what is refered to in the manual as a "movie" of all
of
the activities  of the opperator.

It's a rather interesting program that seems to be little known anymore. I
was wondering if any of the rest of you had heard of it. It's quite fun to
play with if you ever get a hold on a copy. I got it second-hand myself
from
another composer friend.

Ted Killian