Seven

That's the number of people I've counted thus far (not including myself,
which I s'pose makes it eight, huh?) interested in doing a West Coast
looping gig:

Dave Trenkel (current holder of the long-distance award)
Sean Echevarria
Joe Cavaleri
Matt McCabe
Chris Chovit
Ted Killian
Tom Attix
Andre LaFosse

Now then, a number of people have asked for a Bay Area performance.  This
I personally could do, if it's held an an appropriate time (i.e. minimal
academic conflicts).  What do the other SoCal loopists say?

My feeling is that we need to now think about how best to present the
program, and where to do it.  I don't know about the Bay Area, so
recommendations for locations will have to be made by someone else.
Should we do two (or more) consecutive nights in a row, or try to stage
the whole thing in a single marathon day?  Is this going to be in a more
"austere" sort of environment (college campus, art museum) or something
more down to earth (bar or club)?  Indoor or outdoor?

One important consideration would be procuring a house PA.  I suspect that
at least some people would benefit greatly from having a full-range system
through which to run some gear, particularly of the non-guitaristic
variety.  (For instance, I personally don't have any synth-specific
amplification for the MIDI portion of my rig.)  Also important to
consider are possibilities for recording the thing, both sonically and
perhaps visually as well.

So let's see what other people have to say, and keep thing going!  Thanks
for all the good responses thus far.  And anyone else into this idea,
please add your names to the list.

--Andre