Re: logistics nightmare?

On Tue, 5 Nov 1996, studio seventeen productions wrote:

> here's a thought:
>
> what about TWO gigs?  one for us SOUTHERNERS (LA, San Diego) and one for
>the
> NORTHERNERS (San Francisco and nearby).
>
> this would mean LONGER SETS for each artist, a shorter (one-day??)
>show...
>
> and EACH could be videod for distribution (say for a nominal fee) amongst
> ourselves.
>
> JUST A THOUGHT...but two days...(i think I might go mad!)

This might be the way to go, ultimately.  I'd love to see both Northern
and Southern California represented in one concert, and I personally would
remain in favor of fairly short sets.  (Mind you, an hour isn't exactly
the model of brevity!)  But it may well be that the logistics of trying to
do a show with all of the interested parties, coupled with people's
scheduling conflicts, would prove too much at this point.  And if some
people are unable to participate due to the complications of travel or
time, then the main point of the thing (IMO) goes out the window.

All right, how many people (including those who have already replied AND
those who haven't put their name in as interested performers) would
prefer seperate Bay Area and LA gigs, and would be interested in putting
themselves down as performers?

--Andre