Re: logistics nightmare?

Andre:

> All right, how many people (including those who have
> already replied AND those who haven't put their name
> in as interested performers) would prefer seperate
> Bay Area and LA gigs, and would be interested in putting
> themselves down as performers?

I'm in, I hope. And I'd like to think myself flexible enough
to be able to do either (or both) of the possible locales.

Also:

> Mind you, an hour isn't exactly the model of brevity!

Well perhaps not. But to drive 400+, miles lug heavy gear
with a bad back (remember some of us are no longer as
young as we once were), spend 15 to 20 minutes setting
up and dialing in a complicated rig (and our muse), for
a mere 15 to 20 minute spot does not seem to be that
much of a trade off. My wife thinks I'm crazy to do it
for a mere hour (3 kids, 18 years of marriage and I still
can't get no respect--ha!).

I'd do it for the smaller spot, but I'm affraid that I'd
just be warming up and have to stop. It's not so much
that "brevity" is a problem per se--it's more a matter
of "invoking the spirits" (for lack of better terms)
that seems to take all of the time (particularly under
harried and stressful circumstances).

Ted Killian