Re: How about a Loopers-Delight CD?

Somehow we lost track in this affair. I see that there will be beautyfull
spirals by Michael and Olivier, Collier and Ray - and I do not even know
yet whether you want spirals on the cover.

But the idea was to send in our best in <10minutes files and burn them in
2...3 CDRs for anyone (?) sending in x$, correct?

Since the CDRs are about $7 and some burn and some more costs will be
involved... $10 ea? Or $15 for those who did not send in music?

And who would do the compilation? Ray?

The latest participants list:
Andre LaFosse
Dave Trenkel
David Kirkdorffer
David Orton
Doug Michael
Jon Morris
Louis Collier Hyams
Matthias Grob
Michael Hughes
Michael Peters
Patrick Smith
Ray Peck
Ted R. Killian
Todd Madson
Andre Cholmondeley
Matt McCabe
Paul Poplawski

That would be 18 (including someone who makes up his mind later).
On two CDRs we have 148 minutes or 8.2 minutes each musician
On three CDRs we have 222 minutes or 12.3 minutes each musician

I vote for the later. It takes 54 CDRs. On a 4x recorder it takes 999
(scary, huh?) minutes to burn them. Say 1080 minutes = 18 hours with
exchange and stuff.

You will have to be very friendly, Ray, or share the work with someone.
I am a bit off axis, but I someone sends me a package with DATs or cassetes
or CDs, I glady compile them onto a CDR or even several. But the
reproduction does not make sense here because the import of the material
expensive.

Anyone?
Should we wait for the Californian loop shows to happen to see if we profit
from recordings there?
Or would it be a great oportunity to distribute the CDs amongst the
participants?
Or would the CDRs be a helpfull base to organize the concert, convince the
press, configure the program, prepare for the stage impros?

What are the time frames for the project?
Everyone his recording readdy? I dont, but I will "just" select and send.
Takes 10 days with quick transport included.

Another mountain of questions
Matthias