Re: suggestions

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Matthias Grob wrote:

> For rock guitar I see the live recording of a harmonic turn around to
>later
> solo over it. I does not need to folow imediately.
>
> With exactly the same procedure you can save a refrain voice and bring it
> back at the next refrain to sing the second voice over it and so on...
>
> Any other suggestions for

Last night I did a guest rehearsal spot for a grunge-type band, sort of a
cross between Nirvana and Tori Amos.  It was still sort of spacey,
ambient e-bow stuff, but it mostly consisted of building up a loop in a
particular key and then un-muting it at specific points.  For one tune, I
had to build up the loop from scratch while the song was starting up, and
hope I could get the loop constructed by the time the appropriate section
came around.  Oh, and since this was going on during the first part of
the song, I had the amp turned off, so I couldn't hear what I was doing
until it came time to play the loop!

Interesting sound, though, combining Frippy stuff with grunge riffing.
After adding some e-bow lines to a spooky ballad, one of the people
listening to the band commented, "It sounds like Queensryche."  We're
still trying to sort that one out...

--Andre