Re: Jam Man Odd Time Signatures

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Andre wrote:

>The fact that the JamMan fails to recognize 11/8 is alone and of itself
>evidence of the unit's inferiority.  ;-[
>
>(No flames, people!  I'm having some fun here...)
>
>Seriously, it's really unfortunate that it can't read 5, 7, 9, or 11 (the
>hardest-grooving odd meters, IMHO).

I couldn't agree with you more Andre !

Andre also said:

>I've used the Plex synced up to a sequencer to record loops that are
>tightly quantized to the beginning and end points of a bar (or bars),
>including those in odd meter.  Record a riff, reverse it at will, and
>you've practically got a tune right there.
>
>There are some fairly recent additions on the web site regarding Echoplex
>MIDI implementation.  Check it out.

I've read the posts about syncing via MIDI clock etc. Let me elaborate more
clearly about what I meant. I'm assuming like the Jam Man you can send MIDI
program change messages to the Echoplex to control all of the functions you
access from the foot pedal (Tap) and maybe even some of the front panel
functions you can't access from the pedal ( Cue Loops,etc.). Could someone
expound on this for me ? The reason I 'm asking is so that if/when(?) I get
an Echoplex I'll have some idea of how I can set it up and integrate it
with the rest of my stuff. If I can use a MIDI controller like Digital
Music's Ground Control or MIDI Midigator by Lake Butler to control from one
central location it would be nice. I could maybe save a few bucks too by
not having to buy the footswitch!  I don't know about you all but I'm
always looking for ways to minimize stumbling over yet another footpedal on
the floor. My feet are already happy enough.

                     Loopily yours           Ed