Ridiculous Echoprice: Don't give up all hope (yet)

True enough, Gibson's got some very suspicious logic in raising the list
price on an already hard-to-market device.  But keep in mind that I've
never heard of an Echoplex actually being sold for the $879 which was the
original list price, or the $799 which was the previous list price
according to an insurance quote I obtained a couple of months ago.

So stores are still liable to sell for somewhat less than the list.  But
of course, the higher new list price coupled with the low market for the
device isn't a good combination.  I'm feeling luckier and luckier that I
managed to snag the thing for $400 a year ago...

--Andre