Stereo

Helo David!
New breeze... :

>... stereo a MUST, expandable ram, all the other
>usual tricks ala Vortex, Jamman, Echoplex, AND no more than $1000...(or at
>least not much more...too bad I can't afford to jump on a pair of
>Echoplexes
>right now!). I keep leaning towards, then backing off the little Roland
>MS-1...great price and memory, but so limited...too bad.

Is the MS-1 stereo? What can it do?

Does anyone use JamMen stereo? Is the MIDIclock enough to sync it?

Two PCM 42 you can sync by simply pushing the main clock (which is not very
high) from one machine to the other. But it takes some understanding.

The Echoplex has a sample sync connection provided.

Without syncing all sound will allways fade to the side of the "quicker"
machine and mono will become strange because of the filtering the slightly
unequal timing causes.

I am recording with a percussionist these days and I would love to have
stereo for him. Its very nice on guitar, too (especially if you are not
lazy to pan different voices), but for a whole range of instruments stereo
more important.

I hope we can soon have a stereo machine with all the features for just
1000$.

And I hope the lack of a cheap stereo solution does not hold back from
looping!
Matthias