Re: loopers meet @namm

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997 Texture444@aol.com wrote:

> wish i could get together w/y'all at this namm shindig!

We'll be thinking of ye, have no fear.

> andre: i hope i didn't cut yer hose w/my letter;

Not to worry -- my hose is still very much intact.  8-{}

> i just felt a wee bit
> misunderstood, there; never having been an idolater of bobby fripp, every
> once in a while i get tired of hearing his name being *equated* w/the
>art of
> looping, ya dig? s'pose it's a tad "small" of me, but.....

I can see your point; there are plenty of people like myself whose
introduction to looping came primarily via Fripp's work, so there's a bit
of a tendency to think that looping as a serious improvisational form
began with _No Pussyfooting_ and the live application thereof with the
_Exposure_ "non-tour;" I've been guilty of this sort of thinking myself.
Thanks to this list, I'm becoming more and more aware of the history
behind the art form all the time.

Thanks for de-lurking to give us all the word!  See y'all,

--Andre