Re: Creativity and Technique

-again, dave wrote:

<<Technique must be sufficient
for expression, but excessive technique is unnecessary.  And the
temptation to use excessive technique detracts us from expression.

I think you can go further and assert that technical limitations are never
barrier to expression. If the need to express, or the content, is demanding
enough, it finds a way. When technical freedom is met with great
inspiration,
it makes for a sublimely entertaining experience, but not necessarily more
compelling one, merely because of its brilliance. We'd love to have
everything, but it's not really necessary.