Re: Creative doldrums and compressors

>I tried the Carl Martin compressor at the TC booth, and it was quite nice,
>although I was dismayed that it doesn't do the famous Bill Frissel
>"squeeze" trick (wherein lowering the volume level on the guitar can
>result in the threshold of the compressor causing notes to fade in).

I thought Frizell used a volume pedal for that.  You can use a compressor
to lose the attack of a signal by adjusting the "attack" parameter, but I'm
not sure if that's level dependent (AFAIK).

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb