RE: Reflex/Vortex Resonators

First things first:
>No, Andrea is of no relation to Madonna.  That was one of the first
>questions that I asked her.

Fer shame!
She must _really_ be getting sick of that question by now.

>The resonators in the Reflex and Vortex are very different.  In the
>Vortex
>the resonator parameters are handled differently within each algorithm.
>In
>the Reflex the chromatic resonator algorithm resonates chromatically off
>of
>the input signal creating something like chromatic arpeggiation.  This is
>an
>interesting sound though not that useful in the traditional sense, but
>hey,
>youse folks here on dis list ain't the most traditional bunch anyway.
>The chromatic resonator will make one note sound as if several notes were
>struck.  The inverse room may make your guitar sound more bowed if that
>is
>what you mean by violin or cello like.

Not really... I was hoping for something more along the lines of waveform
transformation... speaking of which, has anyone tried using a pitch-shifter
to vary the waveform by adding low-level, octave-up "harmonics"?

So what does the vortex resonator do differently?

Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb