PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCEMENT: Andre LaFosse Graduation Recital

Hello folks --

I'm doing the recital thing once again, staging my graduation concert here
at Cal Arts.  The concert will be on Thursday, February 27, at 8:00 pm.

There'll be a somewhat smaller loop content than the last concert I did in
October; the first half will be solo electric guitar -- *sans* loops,
synths, or anything else -- straight into the amp.  Assuming I survive the
first half (not a foregone conclusion at this point!), the second portion
will feature an ensemble project, which, in testament to my inability to
go BEYOND FRIPP, not only rips off the instrumentation of his band but
will be playing some of his tunes.  (Sorry guys!) The band will consist of
a "double duo" featuring myself, my mentor Miroslav Tadic on guitar, and
Bryon Holley and David Shaffer on drumsets.  The material will include
some original composition, Frank Zappa's "Five-Five-FIVE," and three Fripp
tunes:  "THRAK," "Red," and "21st Century Schizoid Man."  There will no
doubt be much loopage from both myself and Miroslav to fill in some of the
bass-less voids in the instrumentation.

Anyone in the LA area (or anyone else who feels like making the trip) is
more than welcome to attend.  Please e-mail me if you need more
information or directions to the school.

Thanks for your time.  Self-promotional mode now powering down,

--Andre LaFosse