Re: Re: Looping in London 10-iv-97

Me:
>>Another UK looper! Does that make, oh, about 3 of us?

Jim:
>There used to be an Australian girl called Violinda (uh .. I guess that
>was
>her stage name. Guess what instrument she played)

Accordion!  Trombone!  errrr...French Onion!*

>There was also a violin-based looper who used to busk in Oxford about the
>same time ago, but he probably gave up cos whenever he played, such a big
>crowd would gather, the police (bless 'em) had to "move him on"

The man in question is Ed Alleyne-Johnson, and if you're in the UK you can
pick up his CDs in the high st.  The Cds are "Purple Electric Violin
Concerto" (containing the Oxford Site, surprisingly enough) and
"Ultraviolet", both on Equation (I thinK).  He's GREAT.

>Hong Kong Jim
Why? From there or there now?

Michael

*Olivier recommended adding champagne to French Onion Soup for the
finishing touch.  I would rather recommend adding it direct to the diners -
in large quantites - before they eat, to garuantee they'll like it!

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb