a/b switcher

Question :

Can I use an A/B switch , or a line selector (like that made by Boss)
to send the speaker out signal of my amp to either A) the speaker
in the amp or B) to a Palmer speaker emulator and on to a mixer
with looping gear. The words 'large footswitchable device' were
used by Mr. Torn to describe the thing he uses to switch off the send
to his amp speaker, and I think he was using the line out of the
amp to go to the mixer.  I always find the line outs on amps to sound
a bit fizzy, due to their pre output tube send, so I'm trying to get around
this with the above idea.

Thanks men,

Andrew