RE: Bob's steroidal JamMan implant

Michael wrote:

>One thing I'm not sure about - I understand there'll be page panning -
but
>will there be actual stereo looping?  I've given this whole PC-thing
some
>thought, and if it's possible to select pages from MIDI, and the beast
has
>stereo looping a more memory (there's tons more 4Mx4bit ZIPs about than
>1Mx4bit...) that's all the extra functionality I need....  though of
course
>I'm grateful for anything this update does!  Jeez, I'm just about to
order
>new ZIPs (for $5 each at closeout!!) and the prospect of 32 secs is
>daunting enough!!

The A-D converter (input) on JamMan is mono while the D-A (output)
converter is stereo so all loops are recorded in mono. What this software

offers is the ability to play back multiple loops at the same with the
ability to place the loops anywhere in the stereo field. Its a lot like a

mixing board connected to a multi-track tape machine; each track on the
tape is mono but you can use the pan and level controls to position the
tracks in the mix.

>You also said the Vortex
>design team weren't planning a MIDI upgrade for this most essential
peice
>of kit.  Can they be persuaded...?

It's pretty unlikely but I'll keep you posted.

Bob Sellon
Lexicon/Stec
bsellon@lexicon.com