Re: fun with retriggering and anti-guitar diatribes

yes indeed,,,a synth lends itself quite well to looping compositions,,,i
must admit that most of the looping i have done has involved Chapman
Stick(R) and some guitar,,,over the last couple of months i have recorded
some 100% vocal pieces as well as incorporated an Ensoniq ESQ-1
(synth/sequencer from late 80's) it really opens up a variety of patches or
sounds,,,which i use together to form some quite soothing music much
different than my Stick or guitar compositions...i have also experimented
with laying down a slapping/funk bass line and soloing over that with my
bass...

i just cant see doing future live gigs WITHOUT my Jamman or Echoplex....or
my ESQ-1, or my bass or my stick or my voice or the SUN (yes im determined
to do MOST of this summer's gigs powered by 100% solar power)

there are plenty of reasonably priced synths in the used gear market,,,even
if you are not an accomplished keyboardist, i highly recommend picking one
up, and locking yourself away for a day with it and your
jamman/echoplex/rang or other...

and guess what??? your guitar will still be waiting on you when you are
finished,,,
unbiased,and forever loyal...

Todays picks: anything by The Jesus Lizard or Cecil Taylor

bye for now