Re: Sustainer Update

>I'm peeking inside my Ebow, and one pickup definitely has thicker
>wire than the other, but I really can't say how thick it is (thicker,
>yes, but still a very thin wire).  If you're really serious,
>you might consider dissecting an ebow for testing wire sizes/
>current and such.
>also:
>The pickup centers on the Ebow are 1 11/64 inch apart.
>
>Good luck!
>
>jim

Jim, you are an ANGEL!!! I'd not realised the EBow actually recieved string
information.  1.2" is much less than the distance between adjacent pickups,
so it should be OK to avoid unstable loops (!) with adjacent pickups.  I
guess it's a problem on the Fer because it's using a blade coil rather than
seperate polepeices.  Anybody know anything about magnetic field
morphologies?!?

As for buying an EBow, I'll have to judge whether it impinges on my budget
- after all, Fer sell a whole system for £250 ($400)...

It's nearly 11pm. Goodnight,
Michael

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb