Re: New to List - Intro & Trouble Finding a Plex

C.H.Glansdorp wrote:
> I'm into looping and delays and love the possibilities with this kind of
> equipment with a solo performer. I'm not a trained improviser - I just
> take my cello experience, mix in 4 years of music theory, and the
> influences of Philip Glass, Steve Roach, and a bunch of others and see
> what comes out of the speakers. Kinda fun :)
>
> Enough bandwidth for now. Again, I'm very happy to have found this list.

Wow, this sounds really interesting.  Having played guitar for 10 years
(all but burning myself out on the instrument) and being one of the many
guitarist-loopers on the list, I find it difficult to get truly excited
hearing about the more 'mundane' world of other guitarists/synth
loopers.  Just the thought of looping (not to mention electrifying and
affecting) a cello, though, is a whole other dimension...so much so that
my ears are already itching for a taste.  Of course, the fact that the
cello has always been my favorite orchestral string helps in this
respect.  :)
When you do finally get some tracks down for a CD/Cass, I know I'd LOVE
to hear it.

I look forward to tales from the looped world of the cello.  Welcome to
the list. :)

T.Pafford