Re: Re: Non-Guitar Looping

<<Someone asked about non-guitar loopers on this list...

I began looping mainly with bass noises (harmonics, misc. un-basslike

tweakage) through effects (distortion, wah, volume, vortex) into a plex and

jamcompadre.

But I keep adding to my arsenal of source-material widgets.  All are fed

through the same signal chain as the bass, so they can also be

disconcertingly effected.  I'll be getting an 8-channel submixer soon so

switching between toys will be easier.

So far I'm using a theremin (spooky 50s sci-fi sounds), analog synth

(Roland Juno 6:  Knobs!  Reatime!), random AM radio (looped Mariachi sounds

can be hauntingly beautiful), samples grabbed from obscure vinyl (gotta

love 50 cent records like "Rapture: Hawaiian Moods"), and CD/tape/vinyl in

realtime (slide up the fader at random times and loop it..)>>

James

This sounds cool.  Do you have any tapes?   Any live playing?

Jim