RE: jam man questions

>- When the upgrade will be ready? And what will be the features? Higher
>price? Have I to wait some more time for it?

Work continues on the upgrade but legal issues need to be resolved. I
have several things going on, of which JamMan is only one so it's hard
for me to provide a specific date. I should have a clearer picture in the

next few weeks. Right now the primary new features are: pan-able multiple

loops, undo, the ability to switch the loops into loop, echo or sample
mode in real time, a built in slap delay, non-destructive click, MIDI
learn, full MIDI SysEx and loop divide. I'm also investigating the
possibility of replacing the EPROM with a flash ROM that would allow the
future upgrades to be done via MIDI. The upgrade package will probably
include a first generation Windows glass interface as well for what ever
its worth (I haven't forgotten you Mac people. I just don't own one and
will have to work out a port when I get the Windows version doing
something useful). The upgrade will be less than $200. If response is
good enough I am considering doing further ROMs with additional/different

features for significantly less money.

Again, this is NOT a Lexicon upgrade. In other words, don't call Lexicon
and expect them to know anything about it.

>- This is vital. I'd like to let grow my loops in spontaneous ever
changing
>compositions. Does the Jammark allow you to start with loop 1, add a
layer
>as loop 2, add another layer as loop 3, erase loop 1, add a new loop 1,
>erase loop2, etc., all without interruption? For me continuity should be
>essential... The little I tried was to change loop number STOPPING the
last
>loop and adding a new one. THEN you could shift from a recorded loop to
>another. This seemed a big limitation for me...I'd like to add a new
loop
>while listening the other ones.

The released version of the JamMan software does not do this (the upgrade

will). If you need this functionality now, the Digital Echoplex is
probably your best bet. I believe it currently provides this
functionality.

As a side note, the output  of the JamMan was specially designed with
sufficient drive capability to power 600 ohm headphones for private
looping. This feature was not listed on the web site or the A-B
comparisons with other products.

Bob Sellon
Lexicon/Stec