Re: Recommended Recordings

As far as electronica goes I've purchased

The Orb - Orblivion
DJ Krush - Meiso
Chemical Brothers - (forgot the title but it's a very recent album, might
even be their current one).

Please note I am not very knowledgeable in this field, having had a past
life as a guitar-strumming caveman who didn't think much of electronica.
^_^

My impression of the Chem Bros so far is that their CD would be great for
working out.  This is not an insult; it's really beat heavy, uptempo kind
of stuff.  The way different sounds fade in and out of the mix and are
frequently looped remind me of the Orb's style.

DJ Krush's CD is more straight hip-hop.  The best track for me is the duet
with DJ Shadow, with the two engaging in creative dialogue.  I can't tell
the difference between good and bad hip-hop (other than bad remakes of
previous hits like the new rap tune that totally rips off Grandmaster
Flash's
classic).  But, I do like this CD.

The Orb's new CD seems to have a darker, even more dub-heavy feel than
previous releases; this might be due to the new lineup of Alex Patterson
plus two guys who weren't members before as far as I know.  What remains
the same is the creativity that this group has become known for.

Paolo Valladolid