Pedals

Hello all,
  I was happy to see the discussion move away from gear for awhile even tho
I'm a big gearhead. However I've got to jump in with my 2 cents.... I once
had a Digitech PMC-10. Actually I had five. Sequentually. They were all
defective. I still have one now, which doesn't work. I loved the device, I
was using it for sending notes, CC info etc. But I didn't have a computer
at
the time [no back-up] and it had a nasty habit of erasing all the stored
programs, and was a real pain to reprogram with the cheesy little "remote".
I went to the PMC-10 from an ART X-11, the only MIDI controller I was aware
of at the time. VERY limited functionality. I've long needed a controller
that could send out different program changes on different MIDI channels.
The PMC did this and much else in an elegant manner, but was ultimately
useless in the real world... and I'm very gentle with my equipment. I'm now
using a Ground Control, and while it won't do all I'd like, I *trust* it.
Sorry to be so long-winded about this, but this really touches a nerve with
me. Equipment is expensive. The Digitech cost $250 new, which may not be a
lot for some, but is a whole lot for others. I will never buy anything else
from Digitech, which I realise is probably not fair to them, but I need
dependability.
  If there are other pedals around, does anyone know anything about them?
The Jamman must be used with MIDI control, in my opinion. I'd love to have
an Echoplex now, but that's out of reach for now. Begging everyone's
indulgence....
"Where the artists keep free no other sort or condition of man long remains
bound."
                                             --Horace Meyer Kallen
John Michael Beard
http://www.flash.net/~jbstudio