Re: Pedals

>Hello all,
>  I was happy to see the discussion move away from gear for awhile even
>tho
>I'm a big gearhead. However I've got to jump in with my 2 cents.... I once
>had a Digitech PMC-10. Actually I had five. Sequentually. They were all
>defective. I still have one now, which doesn't work. I loved the device, I
>was using it for sending notes, CC info etc. But I didn't have a computer
>at
>the time [no back-up] and it had a nasty habit of erasing all the stored
>programs, and was a real pain to reprogram with the cheesy little
>"remote".

I was warned about that problem too. Digitech supposedly put out a software
upgrade to fix it. I got mine from a guy who had gotten the upgrade and
assured me that he hadn't had the data loss crash happen since. For $100 it
was worth the risk, and so far I haven't had any trouble with that. I hate
the remote too, it's definitely the stupidest part about that pedal. I've
had to fix it twice already, and the next time I'm going to rebuild it with
a decent cable so that it never breaks again. Still, these things are a
total steal on the used market, I think. The midi implementation is very
comprehensive.

>  If there are other pedals around, does anyone know anything about them?

The people I know who can afford to try and buy anything they want, all use
the Rocktron All Access pedal. It's extrmely well constructed and does at
least everything the pmc-10 does, probably a lot more. You pay a lot for it
though. Those were the folks who suggested the pmc-10 to me, since the
roctron was out of my price range at the time. Most of them were using the
pmc-10 until the rocktron came out.

kim