Re: Fripp, etc on G3; actual attendee!!

hello

i actually went to the G3 show... again - and it was great. Sorry. I love
pretty much ALL guitar music.... so the WHOLE show was great for me - why
do
we have to be so polarized, dissing types of music we don't find our
favorite ? i love when discussions like this come up and expose the
insecure, closed minds where they are...

my one complaint was the lameness of (the organizers? the venue?) for
putting Fripp on at 6:00 pm !!! that sucked !! we got there at 7:30 (duh!
like the ticket said...) and RF was well into his set.

What we saw was very cool - pretty much right off the "Soundscapes/Live"
CDs
---lotsa synth clouds. I only wished he would whip out the awesome RF
patent-applied-for distorted solo tone and play over the loops....

But you know our RF - he made his mind up to not do this and so it will
never happen. oh well.

well, KWS was really cool - his press is quite a bit over-hyped - being
compared to Stevie R.V., who himself was very overhyped, but great tones,
good blues. Vai/Keneally rocked - has anyone here actually heard the new
Vai
CD yet ? it's incredible... and Satch is one of the funnest guitarists to
watch and hear -

Back to RF - during the encores, as well, he played only the tiny lil synth
tone, which was near inaudible against 3 roaring overdriven guitars, but
why
be pissed at the three ?? Fripp should've went for a more biting tone,
but... again - he's gotta be different AT ALL COSTS.

i like the  comment about who wore what.... that's REAL relevant to the
discussion. I always love it when us erudite, arty guitarists are
confronted
by other "fellow??" musicians who have a little more extrovertive
relationship with the guitar, like Mr Vai...

there's perhaps no more maligned plucker than he... so he can play fast, so
what... have some of his critics acftually heard the BIG picture ?? heard
all his diverse releases?? heard ALL the stuff he did with Zappa ?? Read
any
of his effusive praise for many, many other musicians and their music.

someone said "in one of the encores ....Fripp was not given ...a solo.

Look, i think Fripp played where and when he wanted to play...!

another bright moment ">....Last song was a blues tune which for some
reason
said Stevie Ray Vaughan to me, though I couldn't place it.  Ego war between
Vai and KWS.

This "unknown song" was only RED HOUSE by some guy, uh,, Lonny Hendricks, I
think. has anyone heard of him... he didn't loop, but did some ok stuff.

all in all - i guess there's a little high school left in all of us...!

peace thru music (all music)
andre'