Re: Stuff for looping intro

>Hi all,
>
>This issue may fit in with the looping intro thread.
>
>I use a loop device that does not have midi sync or tap tempo for setting
>delay time.  I only have knobs.

the hard way, as you've noticed!

>How much delay time would it take to create a 2 bar groove in 7/4 at 100
>beats/minute?
>
>Just the facts 'mam:
>
>14 beats at 100 beats/minute
>100 beats/minute = 1.7 beats/second
>14 * 1.7 = 23.8 seconds
>
>Unfortunately I've got 8 seconds max with my machine.
>
>I would rather not get out the pen, paper and calculator just to get a
>simple groove going.
>
>How do you folks deal with this problem?

music is my way of avoiding things like arithmetic, so I definitely
wouldn't use your approach!

A few things I might do, somewhat echoplex centric:

- midi sync to a sequencer with a 7/4 pattern, which would be very accurate
- tap tempo for the whole two bar length, very helpful to have something
else going as a reference.
- tap 1 bar and multiply it to get 2 or more
- tap 1 bar, insert 1 or more after it
- tap 1 beat, multiply it by 14
- "record-insert" for one beat, it then automatically inserts beats
afterwards, stop at 14. More accurate, assuming you tap the first beat
right.

definitely an instance where I'd prefer buttons over knobs....

kim