Isorhythm

>Pitch:   A B C| A  B C| A B  C| A B C|
>Rhythm:  Q E E  Q| Q E  E Q| Q  E E Q|
>
>I am not sure how one would improvise such a structure or how this relates
>to looping on echoplex, jamman and the lot, but it is another example of
>how looping and repetition can be used in music.

This sounds EXACTLY like what Eno & Fripp's early looping experiments
were after. In fact, like damn near everything Eno has done since. Doing
it live / improvising tho ... Difficult question. I have merely a Jamman,
and
the current software doesn't allow it to have multiple loops of different
lengths. Looking forward to the new updates!!

thanx,
jj
jj1@compuserve.com