Hard disk recording/looping

Hey everyone - this question has to do with recording and looping onto a PC
(I believe some of you loop in this fashion).  I'm hoping to get a new PC
(200 MHz) pretty soon, and want to be able to multitrack my guitar "noises"
onto the hard drive (I don't have an ADAT or separate hard disk recorder).
 However, I'd like to be able to listen to the previously recorded tracks
while laying down the next one.  I guess I'll need full duplex capability
on
whatever sound card that I get.  Any suggestions on what would be the ideal
(and/or affordable!) hardware and software to achieve this type of setup?
 Right now I'm just concerned about recording my rack system through the
line
in (with power attenuator, speaker simulator, etc.), but might eventually
get
into the MIDI aspect of everything.  Does the differences between Cakewalk
5.0 and Pro Audio 6.0 make much of a difference for these applications?
 Also, does any of the software offer looping capabilities?  Thanks for any
help.

Brian

<squidlyguy@aol.com> -  Feel free to e-mail me if you have any suggestions