Re: Frisell's Looping techniques and composite necks...

  Thought the neck is composite, it may be able to be bent slightly.  I
found that the neck on my stienberger will bend slightly though, not enough
to be of much use musically in my opinion...  A very effective way of
eminating a steel guitar type bend is to:

bar strings 1 and 2 with the second finger (middle finger) of the left hand
and then,

place the first finger at the third string one fret lower and bend it up.

  what comes out is a wonderful approximation of a steel guitar sound.
This can be enhanced with a volume swell and or delay or reverb...  use
your imagination...

smiles,

Corynne