Re: OPINION SPAM

At 8:50 PM 8/12/97, Randy Jones wrote:
>Wow!
>
>Whats happening?
>Can we stop all this opinion B.S.
>Who cares what instrument you play/like.
>Who cares who your favorite artists are.
>Who cares which albums you buy.
>Who cares what you think is/isn't music.
>Who cares what you think about sampler, syths, djs, music theory, music
>philosophy or someones elses opinion on the above.
>
>No one here is going to change his/her mind based on your opinion, we just
>want to discuss hardware, software, playing, gigs and looping techniques.
>We can make up our own opinions. We just want the facts!
>
>Or am I the only one tired of getting this OPINION SPAM as email.

Geez, the hardware nazi's strike again. I think that one of the basic
tenets of the 'net (like the one says invoking nazism in an argument
automatically loses the argument) should go something like this," Any
attempt to discuss music on the internet must be strictly about technology,
and any attempt to discuss esthetics must immediately be shot down." You
should have known when you were getting into this list that we're a grumbly
and contemplative bunch, if you can't stand the discourse, there's always
the delete key...

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra