Re: OPINION SPAM

At 05:49 PM 8/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Folks, don't forget Kim (our benevolent moderator/owner) specifically
>asked us to try talking about something other than hardware for a
>change.
>
>Only he has the right to tell us what we can't and can talk about here.

Thanks Paolo, but I choose not to take that role. I'm really not interested
in any sort of dictatorial powers, and I won't stop anyone from saying
whatever they like. I leave it to you folks to figure out what will be
talked about here, and I leave it to all of you to keep it in line.

PERSONALLY, I would prefer that we tried to keep the topic somewhere near
the subject of looping, since that's what the list is about and there isn't
any other place on the net to talk about that. (that I know of, anyway.)
There are plenty of other places for guitar players and keyboard players to
flame each other, or whatever it was yesterday. If you want to do that,
feel
free, but please do it someplace more appropriate.

I also would personally prefer that we show more respect for the wide
variety of different approaches and styles of music represented here. We
have a great opportunity to learn from each other, and I'd hate to see that
spoiled becuase some poorly represented group gets tired of dealing with
immature tirades everytime they try to speak up.

I agree with the frustration Randy felt in posting this "opinion spam"
thread. Listening to someone go on and on and on and yet on some more about
why they don't like someone else's opinion, lifestyle, music, etc. is very
tedious. Nobody gains from that. I would much rather hear about something
you like and why you like it, so that I can learn to enjoy it too, without
it coming by way of an attack on somebody else.

thanks,

kim

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com