Re: MIDI "mute"?

How about setting up another pattern in the SR-16 with nothing in it?
Switch
to that pattern when you want to mute (it'll wait till the end of the
current pattern if it's like the HR16.)  The new pattern will play in the
same tempo and still generate midi clock, even though there's nothing to
actually play.

Otherwise, does it respond to continuous controller volume? I never checked
that on my old hr16, but it would be useful. Then you would just set a
pedal
to send CC 7, value 0 and it should shut up.

kim

At 04:07 PM 9/9/97 -0000, you wrote:
>I'm looking for a way to mute the output of my drum machine (an Alesis
>SR-16) via MIDI.
>Currently my Echoplex is slaved to the SR-16.  Sometimes I want to mute
>the drum machine without decoupling it from the Echoplex, so that when I
>bring the drums back in, everything's still in sync.  My audio mixer
>doesn't have channel mute, and I'm looking for a way to do this with a
>footswitch.
>Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Travis

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com