Echoplex Questionnaire results -- soon!

Hello from questionnaire tabulation central.   And thank you to the 48
who responded to the Echoplex DP questionnaire I submitted on Thursday.

Now, I promised to post the results today - but after spending quite a
bit of time on it this weekend, I'm going to ask your indulgence of a
day or two more so I can finish what I've started - I'm so close to
done!   What's causing the delay is I've tried to write a report
deliverable to managers at Gibson.

The sample of 48 cases is quite small, so the study can only be fairly
used to indicate trends.  However, let me lay on you a few findings,
just to give you an idea of what can be gleaned.

A. Looper Device Market Penetration

I'll let the chart speak for itself

Q5a. Please list the other Loopers you own?

                                No. Devices     % Devices
                                Owned           Owned

Oberheim Echoplex DP            13              14.6
All Lexicon Total               47              52.8
All Digitech Total              11              12.4
All Eventide Total              5               5.6
All Boss Total                  2               2.2
All Other Total                 11              12.4
Grand Total                     89              100.0

        Number of Devices Owned Percent of Owned Loopers
Oberheim Echoplex DP    13      14.6
All Lexicon Total       47      52.8
All Digitech Total      11      12.4
All Eventide Total      5       5.6
All Boss Total  2       2.2
All Other Total 11      12.4
Grand Total     89      100.0

And separately,

Looking at the 23 JamMan owners, 9 (39.1%) would buy EDP at $700.
Looking at the 14 Vortex owners, 8 (57.1%) would buy EDP at $700.
Looking at the 10 Digitech looping device owners, five (50%) would buy
EDP at $700
Looking at the 21 people who own more than one looping device (other
than an EDP), 10 (47.6%) would buy EDP at $700.
Looking at the 10 people who own more than two looping devices (other
than an EDP), 7 (70.0%) would buy EDP at $700

OK - so I'll try and get the final report to you all ASAP.  And if
anyone has names and FAX numbers for the Gibson managers in charge of
the EDP, please let me know.

David Kirkdorffer