Re: Greetings From Oberheim

I look forward to any light you can shed on a solution to my
> situation, as well as to any reasons why the present situation even
> exists.
>
> --Andre LaFosse

As someone who has not yet bought an Echoplex, but has had similar
repair-hell stories with gear by other manufacturers, this story scares
me a bit. I've heard of customer service problems with Oberheim (even
reviews on Harmony Central confirm this, as well as stories like this
one), and with current Echoplexes costing $700 or more, I wish there was
another option for looping about now that was as versatile. Andre, I
thank you for posting this story, to warn us all what *could* happen
when we spend the $700+ ( a lot of dough for us poor musician types).
Lets hope the move across the country will inspire a move to hire a more
competent customer relations/repair department.
Dave Eichenberger
'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082
"Music rears it's beautiful head
and puts you right into the rightness."- Trey Gunn