Re: GEAR Question: Roland GR-700

> From: Markus Reuter <mreuter@post.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>

> i just spotted a Roland GR-700 guitar synth (including the
> guitar) in a turkish second hand store over here in germany.
>
> is it worth getting it?
> what's a reasonable price for a used GR-700 nowadays?

I've never played one, but the earlier GR-300 is supposed to track better.
The GR-700 uses MIDI to trigger the sounds (hence the delay) and I seem to
remember that it didn't transmit pitch bend information (don't quote me on
that).

I remember that Andy Summers and Robert Fripp preferred the GR-300 because
it "felt" better to play and had a more "organic" sound (it's basically an
analog synth).

Matt