Re:New DOD delay pedal etc.

At 05:50 PM 11/15/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>I enquired at several muisc staores today about the impending release of
>>the 8 sec. delay w/ reverse to no avail. One "proprietor" could not
>>believe that the current 4 sec unit existed let alone something more
>>advanced.
>>Someone wrote that he saw the new unit in a catalog of some sort
>>(?)...where was this and how might I track it down?
>>In my quest I came across some info on a new BOSS unit with 4 minutes of
>>sample and a digicard type set-up. I inquired if this was a floor unit
>>or rack and the response was: "neither, it's a...box."
>>Dave
>
>Don't you just love music store drones? Not only are they generally
>ignorant, but they assume they know everything. I spent an afternoon in
>Portland recently looking for the new Electro-Harmonix Q-tron envelope
>follower. Not only did no one have it in stock, but several sales drones
>tried to convince that it didn't exist, I was misinformed, and one even
>tried to patiently explain to me what an envelope follower really does. I
>want to get a button to wear to these places that says, "Don't assume I'm
>stupid".
>
>By the way,I believe the Boss SP-202 is the unit you're talking about. It
>is neither a floor or rack unit, it's more along the lines of the TB 303,
>kind of a cross between a really big caluclator and a table top synth
>module.

>Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/
>
>"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
>gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
>your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
>type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
>together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
>together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
>                                            -Sun Ra

Boy, I don't think specialty retail drones are confined to music stores (i
can say that having done my time for 12 years)

That Boss Sp 202 is my guess, too. Musician's Friend has it for $329--there
was aa thread a short time ago here on looping wth digital samplers.

Sovtek/Electro Harmonix is reissuing the MicroSynth and the 16 second delay
which will hopefully bring them down to an affordable level.

Tom
Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net