Re:becoming a small, mobile, intelligent unit

I sort of skimmed the many responses to a previous inquiry into this
matter and thus, benefited only slightly.
I'd hate to be responsible for regenerating a dead thread so perhaps I
can take responses via personal email.
For those who care to read no further, the subject is : playing guitar
and guitar synth without conventional amplifiers etc.
The equipment that I currently use is not right for the type of playing
that I want to do, so I'm starting to switch over to different gear.
Disclaimer: I am not a "gear head."
This is why I seek help.
Desired outcomes: to play guitar with multiple effects, looping
capability and guitar synth without 500 pedals and 8 speakers and an
amp.
What it seems that I need:
A cool effect processor (with excellent distortion, etc.)
Some kind of SansAmp device (does such a device make a separate
distortion unnecessary?)
Speakers that are guitar and guit synth friendly
Echoplex (or jman etc)
Gr-30 (this I have)

What is a hypothetical set up for my needs?
What does the signal path look like?
How do I become (as Fripp would have it) a small, mobile and intelligent
unit? (I understand that only I can account for intelligence...but you
can help me to be informed.)

Anyone who would be kind enough to become my virtual technician in light
of my ignorance, please respond.
Many thanks.
Dave