re: nerds

Thanks for the blunt and honest comment (geek/gear etc.)!!!!
I have felt the same way but was too chicken to speak up :) !!!

This weeks top ten list , in no particular order:

Bill Frisell - where in the world
Tal Farlow - This is tal farlow
Trey Gunn - The third Star ( feut. the wonderful mr Pat Mastelotto on
drums)
Peter Gabriel - us , so , live etc...
John Scofield - Pick hits
Shakti - with John Mclaughlin
Jim Hall - conciertio
Eurythmix - best of
King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black , thrak
Bill Frisell and Elvis Costelo - deep dead blue

As you can see this is a fairly regular list compared to the stuff some of
u listed(most of which I have never heard off!).This is probably coz I live
in Norway and underground trends are never picked up on by media/cdstores.
Sorry if the list was boring...:)

My approach to playing is that I play two different instruments:
1. "electronic guitar" : when I wear this hat it is of no relevance to me
if the sounds coming out of my speaker resembles guitar or not. I treat my
guitar like a tonegenerator
and think in a textural/mood mode. This is where looping is interesting to
me ; I can take up more space ,if desired , and give a more organic
alternative to keyboard-instruments ( no offence !) It also frees me up to
shift focus on the music and zero in on different things ( look ma! I`m
playing wah with the hihat!) while the loop takes care of the harmonic
demands of the song. Obviously , this has its limitations.

2. Electric guitar : When I`m in these pants I just get a cable and stick
it into my
amp , and guitar , but this approach (while very valuable) is of no
interest to you guys ,so I`ll shut up now.

Anyway , I have taken up this space because I feel this is stuff that is
more valuable to us as MUSICIANS , as well as guitarists. I hope we can get
more discussions on this subject , and thank you Kim , for pionting out
that the emperor is almost completely nude ( and not very sexy)......chew
on that , guys!!

Your looper in Norway ,  Thomas Woehni