New Roy Montgomery (was: On being complete nerds)

Some looper named Jesse wrote:

>>Dissolve - Third Album For the Sun
>
>How's this?

Extremely good. For those familiar with Dissolve's _That That Is...Is
(Not)_, the new one is texturally richer (keyboards, cello, and percussion
have been added to the guitars) and rather more "song" oriented, esp. on
the cuts that feature Kaye Woodward of the Bats. For those not familiar
with Dissolve, it's a duo of Kiwi-land guitarists Roy Montgomery (see
below) and Chris Heaphy who combine lush shimmery atmospheric stuff with
thorny experimentalism (think 70's Wire); not sure if there's actual
looping going on, but there's a lot of long delay times stacking up guitar
textures, providing pulses, etc.  I'd certainly reccommend either album to
anyone on this list.

>>Roy Montgomery - Two Trajectories
>
>What's up with this?  When did it come out, who put it out, etc?

7" out on Enraptured, fairly recent. A side (45) is a gentle 60's/"Eastern"
flavored piece that is quite lovely, B side (33) is a more rocking piece
with lots o'fuzz. Big problem: Enraptured is fond of putting out records in
very limited editions, and the above is limited to 280 copies (just what
the indie/underground music scene needs: *more* elitism and kollektorskum).
I think Darren at Drunken Fish Records may have a few lying about
(dfr@sirius.com  http://www.sirius.com/~dfr); he also has a set o'webpages
dedicated to Roy.
Roy and/or Dissolve is scheduled to play at the second Ptolemaic Terrascope
festival, which I believe is happening in April in San Francisco; as I
intend to be moving to that area shortly I won't have to make another
mammoth drive like I did for the first one (central VA to Providence RI is
not very fun).

Font of knowledge
Robert T.